In order to slow down the aging process, it is important to know a few things. Aging is mostly genes, or heritage. The genetics, however, are highly influenced by epi-genetics, or all of the stuff of our environment that affects gene expression. In our society that demands more, More, MORE we forget that often our greatest benefit comes from less.
The most important principle beyond genes is: Less is more
- Less inflammation – infections, reactions
- Less food – fast periodically
- Less calories – smaller meals
- Less chemical vitamins, more natural foods
- Less exercise, but getting enough (1 hour 5 times per week) is important!
- Less stress – this is a biggie! All the stress hormones are “catabolic” meaning they break down tissues.
- Less toxins – 99% of the toxins processed in our liver comes from what we ingest happily and willingly. Don’t eat chemical foods or processed foods!
By simply consuming less, you can elongate your life, have better overall health, and live better.