17 Apr How To Keep a Young Brain
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
7 ways to have a YOUNG brain
A youthful brain creates a youthful life. The brain controls everything so if your brain isn’t functioning well, it doesn’t matter how well your body works. Also, the brain is the most sensitive to damage from:
- Nutrient deficiency
- Low oxygen
- Poor circulation
It is essential to protect this most important asset with all you can. Here are some tools that allow your brain to be young for life:
- Folate – Folate is found naturally in beans, lentils, and leafy greens, and is essential for brain function.
In a three-year study published in the Lancet, participants who received folic acid scored significantly better over a 3-year period than those receiving a placebo in several areas of cognitive function, including memory, sensorimotor speed, and information- processing In fact, these participants had a mental performance rate of a person six to nine years younger than their actual ages.
- Cruciferous vegetables — Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage contain phytochemicals known to keep your brain In a 25 year study of 13,000 women, Harvard Medical School researchers found that those women who ate the highest quantities of these vegetables had the lowest rates of memory decline as they aged.
- Omega 3 oils lubricate the membranes of the brain so neurons can send messages Eat small, cold-water fish to reduce the risk of mercury contamination. In addition, flaxseed, walnuts and chia seeds are good sources of Omega-3s, so vital to cognitive function and memory.
- Avoid toxins – More people have brain damage from sugar than from any other toxin. Omega 6 oils found in “vegetable oils” and trans-fats from “hydrogenated oils” cause oxidation. Also, it is essential to avoid artificial sweeteners, which can be highly toxic to the brain.
- Periodic cleanse – Fasting for four days every three months will cleanse the brain of built-up toxins.
- Coconut oil contains a fat that is readily used for energy by the liver. When we use fat, “ketone bodies” are made that clean out the brain. Even people who already have signs of Alzheimer’s disease may be able to reverse the symptoms by using coconut oil. About two tablespoons of coconut oil twice a week on an empty stomach can keep the brain functioning well.
- If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it. Keep a program of learning and growth throughout your life.
It isn’t necessary to pop pills or take drugs to keep your brain healthy. A youthful brain comes from the same habits as a youthful body. Give it the proper nutrition, avoid toxins, and use it often. These will assure that you will keep your brain working to the end of your life.